The basic mood of the future might well be one of confidence in the continuing revelation that takes place in and through the Earth. If the dynamics of the Universe from the beginning shaped the course of the heavens, lighted the sun, and formed the Earth, if this same dynamism brought forth the continents and the seas and atmosphere, if it awakened life in the primordial cell and then brought into being the unnumbered variety of living beings, and finally brought us into being and guided us safely through the turbulent centuries, there is reason to believe that this same guiding process is precisely what has awakened in us our present understanding of ourselves and our relation to this stupendous process. Sensitized to such guidance from the very structure and functioning of the Universe, we can have confidence in the future that awaits the human venture.
-- "The New Story" The Dream of the Earth
- Short Biography of Thomas Berry
- Biography of Thomas Berry – Mary Evelyn Tucker
- Time, History, Historians in Thomas Berry's Vision – John Grim
- Tributes, Photos, and Obituaries
- Thomas Berry Award and Memorial Service at Cathedral of St. John the Divine